We are in a time of major change. Because of the coronavirus many people are out of work, many people are working from home that normally would not be, we are experiencing a level of death that we had not expected, and we feel out of control. How can we keep ourselves grounded and centered during this time, and what can we expect our future to be?
Here are some of the things we can do to make it through this time:
- We can acknowledge our feelings, and our fears.
- We can be willing to talk about what is going on.
- We can actively listen to what those around us are saying.
- We can expand our perception of what life is.
- We can re-prioritize our needs and our goals.
- We can offer help to others.
- We can ask for help when we need it.
- We can limit our time with toxic people/situations.
- We can give thanks for that which we have on a daily basis.
- Consciously live in the present.
What tools can we use to cope:
- Write our thoughts out in a journal.
- Take a walk (keeping a good social distance from others).
- Do a breathing meditation.
- Listen to music.
- Get up and dance.
What challanges can we expect in our near future?
- Our entire health care system will have to be re-evaluated.
- One-time stimulus payments will offer some financial help.
- People will re-evaluate which expenditures are important, and which after not. Things like new cars and new clothes will be much further down on the list.
- People will be making more of an effort to set aside 3-6 months’ worth of money to cover bills.
- There will be an effort to stock essential foods for at least 60 days.
- Many people who lost their jobs will be looking for jobs.
- We will be looking at the November elections in terms of how the current crisis was handled, and what we found out about our government.
This is not a time to be afraid. It is a time to move forward with confidence into a future that is unlike one that we have ever known.