The foundation for this discussion is Susan Jeffers’ book “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway”. Jeffers suggests that as long as we continue to grow as individuals, we will be dealing with fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of success … and many other fears.
In Own Your Fear – Part 7 we will be looking at making winning decisions. The first step towards making a winning decision is to change how we look at decision making. How Jeffers describes what she terms a “No Lose” model is to look at each of the options as options that take us to different paths, but that all paths are the right path. Each path gives us opportunities to learnand grow. When we do this we are coming from a position of power.
Jeffers suggests doing the following before making a decision:
- Focus on the “no lose” model, and affirm to yourself that you cannot lose, no matter what decision you make.
- Do your homework – research each of your options, and learn as much about them as you can.
- Establish your priorities. How will your choice affect your life?
- Trust your gut feeling.
- Put a little humor into the decision making. Choose not to be so very serious.
Jeffers suggests doing the following after making a decision:
- Let go of your expectations.
- Accept responsibility for your decision.
- Do not be afraid to change what doesn’t work.
Wishing you all goo decision making!
(c) August 2021 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction prohibited without the written permission of the author.