Rituals are how we step into our private field of dreams, a small Elysium all our own. Rituals are not made just for us, but for those we want to pass them on to. ~ Andre Aciman
My daily rituals vary, depending on what I need. They ground and center my day, they bring me peace, and they allow me to nourish my life, and to grow as an individual. Your daily rituals will vary, depending on what you need, and what you consider important.
These are my current rituals:
- Take my daily suppliments first thing in the morming.
- Take and record my blood pressure.
- Recite the Cleansing Prayer.
- Post blessings to each of my social media sites to all who are reading the posts.
- Spend a few minutes on an Internet program from United Health Care that keeps my mind active.
- Post inspiring words from the Dalai Lama, Eckhart Tolle, and Thich Nhat Hanh on Facebook.
- Read my e-mail.
- Fill the bird feeders on my patio, and rinse and refill the outside water dish for my cats.
- Spend a few minutes doing stretching and other exercises.
It doesn’t take long to develop a daily ritual, and it can be changed as needed. It is meant to be supportive of who we are, on all levels.